New to Movie-Ed?
A Brief Introduction
Our most commonly asked question is this:
"What is a Movie-Ed Guide?"
Here's the answer:
Each Movie-Ed Guide contains questions and activities,
inspired by movies,
adding fun to your exploration of many varied topics.
Learn With Movies!
Contents of a Movie-Ed Guide
Each Movie-Ed Guide can be used as a lesson plan or tour book designed to focus learning in these topic areas:
- Language Arts — encourage communication skills including reading, writing and speaking; develop empathy
- Geography — develop an understanding of the natural world around us
- History — gain perspective of today's events as they relate to events from previous times
- Science & Math — build on basic science and math skills that can be applied in everyday life
- Art & Music — increase appreciation of music and art; encourage each person to find a voice
- Culture — recognize patterns and identify with others in a way that exceeds everyday experience
- Values — clearly define values and philosophy to create a more fulfilling life
Movie-Ed Guides encourage you to do some research, read a book, discuss ideas, and think about things in a new way. Extras and activities are included, too! Intended for learners of any age, all members of your family or study group will increase their knowledge and have some fun along the way.
Here's What You'll Find on our Web Site …
Use the links in the menu to navigate to the following sections:
- In the How Guides Work section, we explain how you can get the most from your Movie-Ed Guide. Sample questions and exercises are available from this section.
- Since the focus of a Movie-Ed Guide is on learning, the Lesson Plan section helps educators or homeschoolers structure the experience.
- To request a Guide, go to the Guide List section. Select a title by movie genre or alphabetical listing to get a peek at the contents and possible references. On the bottom of each Movie-Ed Guide description page, a link is provided for your use to enable a download (in PDF format).
- We've tried to anticipate some of your questions in our FAQs. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please Contact Us.
- An introduction to our product and a brief description of our company is on the About Us page.
Please take a few minutes to browse around. Movie-Ed Guides are fun, interesting, and educational, too! Try one for yourself and let us know what you think.